Chocolate Starfish legs damaged in shipping

jewels74

I just received my fish order this morning. Two legs are broken off half way up the starfish and have clumpy pieces hanging from them. His bag was placed in the corner of the box and the box looked slightly dented on that corner. How do I tell if he is still alive and should I still add him to my tank? Any infomation would be greatly appreciated.

merredeth

Originally Posted by Jewels74
I just received my fish order this morning. Two legs are broken off half way up the starfish and have clumpy pieces hanging from them. His bag was placed in the corner of the box and the box looked slightly dented on that corner. How do I tell if he is still alive and should I still add him to my tank? Any infomation would be greatly appreciated.
Anything that comes in should be put in QT no matter what. Since the starfish was damaged in shipment, if you have the box and the starfish I'd call where you purchased it and let them know what is going on. He may or may not recover, but shipping is a stress in and of itself and I wouldn't count on him making it.
If there is a guarantee I'd start the process by letting the company know what is going on.
Denise M.