Chromis trouble

groucheux

Okay...I've kept a yellow tailed damsel alive for 3 years now. My anemome and clownfish are thriving, my corals are doing fine....but I can't keep green chromises for nothin'! I bought three of them about a year ago and within a month all three had died. Last month I bought another three and I came home from work last night and there's only one left! What is going on! Is my Sebae eating them? Am I not feeding them enough? I feed a turkey baster of brine shrmip (Sally's frozen...thawed out) every other day.
My tank is a 55 gallon with excellent water and 160 watts of light. It has 2 striped damsels, 1 very old yellow tailed damsel, a bar goby, a Clarkii and Sebae, 2 peppermint shrimp and a coral banded...plus a bunch of hermits and snails.
I know it's not a big financial loss or anything...but I like the way the Chromises swim together. Plus, I'm starting to take this personally!!
thanks...grouch

buzz

I would say your damsels and/or clowns are going after them, and stressing them to the point of death.
Are they disappearing all together? Or just dying?
If they disappeared, make sure you check the floor near the tank. Also, their bodies may be in the rock work, or the clean up crew could have devoured them.

It is possible that if the fish were not qt. they could have died from diseases. But I am guessing your chromis died by an animal in your tank. Do you have LR? If so, look for nocturnal creatures such as mantis shrimp or bristle worms. Also your damsels or clownfish or both could have harrassed them to death.