chromis viridis

sniperace

i have a small amount of chromis my tank is only 5 days old.and they keep trying to feed off the surface of the water even after chasing the feed arround the tank and eating is this normal......please also 1 of the 4 hangs back at the largest coral rock while the other 3 surface to try get more food.then 1 of them swaps with it an takes watch am i to presume that 1 is trying to lay .??
:)

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperace http:///t/392669/chromis-viridis#post_3488259
i have a small amount of chromis my tank is only 5 days old.and they keep trying to feed off the surface of the water even after chasing the feed arround the tank and eating is this normal......please also 1 of the 4 hangs back at the largest coral rock while the other 3 surface to try get more food.then 1 of them swaps with it an takes watch am i to presume that 1 is trying to lay .??
:)
Hi, Welcome to the site....5 days is way too soon to add fish. You will have to do daily water changes if you want them to live. What size tank is this and what kind of test kits are you using?
Your fish are not trying to eat off the surface they are seeking air, the ammonia in your tanks is increasing as the tank begins to cycle, ammonia and nitrite are deadly to your fish.