CinnaBon

watson3

I have what appears to be little cinnamon rolls in a few places along my glass, and all over some pieces of LR..Anyone seen anything like this..Very small...

watson3

Not at the moment..Maybe after five...Anyways, they really are like little white cinnamon rolls...

watson3

I really dont think so..More like curled up worms of some sort..As far as I can tell they are hard

mrsgoose

Hi - I have tons of these on my lr in my newly set-up 29g. I've heard they are some sort of mini-worm, harmless, actually do some filtering. I've also heard they go away after the tank establishes more.

rackyrane

I have these also. I did some research on them and found a site that said these were small feather dusters! I will see if I can find that site again, but I don't think I can post it here because it may be a site violation. I will see if I can find the name again and then you can google it.

miamishrip

from what you've described these hard worms on the glass are harmless filter feeders - they are all over my back glass because thats the only panel i dont clean.

rackyrane

Found this from reefs.org (don't think this is a competitor to this site--seems like info only):
On the glass of my tank, I can see small, white coils that are about 2mm across and have tiny hairs sticking out. What are these guys?
This is probably yet another tube-dwelling polychaete from the Family Spirorbidae. It is yet another harmless filter-feeder that is common in reef aquaria. It is common for these worms to inhabit areas of high water flow, including your tank's plumbing. They readily reproduce via sexual means and often spread throughout the tank, and can generally be considered a sign of a healthy maturing tank.