Cinnamon Clownfish

dangerfish

I was planning on getting three cinnamon clownfish and a bulb anemone when I start my tank is there anything I should know abut getting these guys or is there anything I need to know about clownfish and anemones in general.

bang guy

Three Clownfish rarely works out. You will have a much better chance of success with two.

Anemone are not a good idea for a new hobbyist in my opinion. Their needs seem simple but high water quality is not as easy to maintain as you would think. They are also light demanding.

Mama Wildside

Love the clowns, they are beautiful. They do tend to bite. Especially if they have coral to protect. Every time you put your hand in they will chase and nip you. Mine got to ne about 3" and it pinches enough to make you jerk back. They do great on frozen mysis or brine shrimp.

Mama Wildside

Not all anemones will host clownfish. They prefer the bubble anemones. Anemones are very neat in the tank, but require the same light, circulation, and water conditions as the soft type corals. Under a standard freshwater type bulb they will die, which I didnt realize until I lost my first one. Bubble and condy anemones generally arent terribly aggressive, but some of them will zap pretty good so read up on em.