ck out the growth.

nm reef

WOW!!!! Very nice...must be a happy coral!!!
I vote you frag it...and send a nice frag to the first person that responded by saying WOW!!!!
:cool:

treble

Very nice, I have herd that sps grow in the wild like that :) It is said that with the right levels a sps will grow 6 inches a year.

mlm

I have a 120 gallon 48x24x24 with 2 400 watt MH and 2 110 watt uri actinics. I was usuing 6500k Iwasaki's but switched to 10000k Ushio last a few days ago. I like the color a whole lot better but It has not been long enough to tell anything about the growth rate. I don't plan on fragging it until it gets bigger and intrudes on other corals. I would say that it was about 2.5 to 3 inches when I got it and know it is about 7 inches in diameter.

cmpowell

Nice job mlm.Looks fantastic.Iknow you said you just switched to the 10k ushios.do you think you will have the same growth rate.I was just curious.:D

mlm

I have heard that the rate will not be affected and I heard that it will. I guess only time will tell. I do know that the corals do look better under the Ushio.

cmpowell

Thanks mlm. 3 250wt 10k ushios are what i had planned on for my 125.Keep us posted on the growth rate.Thanks Chris :D