Claims under LED anyone doing it?

mr. limpid

Just wondering if anyone is trying it let and if so are they 3w? The reason I'm asking is that I'm running 1w on my 20gal softies and they seem to be to much light for them, the ones up high on rocks about 6 in from light. Thinking that would be a great spot for a claim. What you guys think?

C

coral guy

i personally think that 1 wats are to weak and i would rather go with 2 or 3 wats i have a big gold maxima clam under 2 wats leds and it does better under leds then under mhs so i think if your buying a small clam more light the better the bigger they get lower them a little bit as the get bigger cause the bigger they are the less light they need

geoj

Don't let the others know but I spent the doe and got Aqua Illuminations SOL Super Blue Modular LED Lighting System You will love this if you buy it. All that is need is to read up on how to use it and there are some good threads on other sites that give loads of info...

mr. limpid

Thanks GeoJ that is a good fixture. I look into that one but it was too powerful for my 20gal tank, I would of needed to mount it about 1'-6" above my tank. Would of gotten complants from the wife on that one.

wartooth1

Although it seems that people around here don't exactly agree, the people at the LFS I frequent the most are confidant that a clam will thrive under the LEDs that they have built into my tank a couple of months ago. They are so confidant in their lighting, they said they would give me a cash refund if the clam doesn't do well. So once I get my calcium levels up to the optimum parameters, I will purchase one of their clams and see how it goes.
After a few weeks of having the clam, I'll report back here and let y'all know if I give the LEDs a thumbs up :)

N

nikefreerunner

In the Nike Free 3.0 Running Shoe, you will feel the freedom of barefoot running with technology to provide you excellent support and cushioning. The Nike Free 3.0 running shoe features a no sew upper design with minimalistic overlays to lock the foot down, yet allow maximum range of motion. Buy Nike Free 3.0 from our shop. You will have a new life with your new shoes. Or, if you are interested in Nike Air Max shoes, welcome to pick up a pair in our shop to fit your type.

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Limpid http:///forum/thread/386660/claims-under-led-anyone-doing-it#post_3397513
Just wondering if anyone is trying it let and if so are they 3w? The reason I'm asking is that I'm running 1w on my 20gal softies and they seem to be to much light for them, the ones up high on rocks about 6 in from light. Thinking that would be a great spot for a claim. What you guys think?
I would not put a clam under 1 watt LEDs, not even in a 20G.
I have run the 1watt systems on a 14G without much of an issue growing softies and macro algaes, but I keep my clams under my 3 watt LEDs. I actually only run LEDs on my tanks now.
Clams absolutely can be kept under LEDs, I've had them for quite a while under them. I've even kept clams under PCs. It's all about the quality of the light being produces, etc.