Clam Feeding

lexluethar

So last week I purchased a Maxima Clam from SWF.com and everything has been great. I bought some phytoplankton from my LFS (processed not live, so there is more in it then just phyto.) and I was curious about feedings. I think my acro and clam are the only things that will benefit from this stuff, but do i target feed? Last night i turned off my filter (still 3 PH going though) and put the recommended amount into my 30 gallon (1.5 tsp). I can't see jack in the tank, the stuff is just a milky green color - how in the world do i tell if my clam is getting any?
I'm not target feeding, and after about 10 minutes i turned my filter back on. I've read you shouldn't target feed the clam because it can clog their gills (right?).
Thanks.

nacl freak

Correct on target feeding. According to my searches, if you have the proper lighting and livestock they don't need feeding.

Yes, like Lex said, if it's going to being under 1.5 you need to target feed because it's "Photosynthesis" ability is a little under developed at that age. Once they get older and their mantel is more developed, then all it will need is very good lighting. Mine is around 8 inches, all it needs is some good ol' fashion metal halide soak'n
Korbin

When I fed my juvenile Crocea, I spot fed with a turkey baster right on the mantle itself, but I am pretty sure you could do either or. I just think you will get a better feed from spot feeing with a turkey baster.
Korbin