Clam mantle color

n8ball2013

I was just curious if the color of the mantle of a clam was a direct correlation to the amount of light they need. For example. I have an ultra blue maxima that is about 14 inches from the light that is thriving. A blue crocea that is thriving. But I have a very very green crocea about the same distance from the light that the other crocea is and it does not open all the way. It has its foot down so it must be happy and i'm not thrilled about trying to move it. What do you guys think. candycane looking to you on this one .
Also scored a pretty sweet squamosa that is doing well. god I have a clam addiction.

nycbob

any pics? water movements or things irritating the clam, can cause the mantles not to expand fully.

n8ball2013

i was thinking it was the water flow as it was in the same path as my return but the return wasnt blowing on it at all. I managed to get its foot up( it managed to put its foot down on a rock wedged in between the other rocks and I just had to wiggle it out. I put it where i had a clam at before so we shall see if it opens more. Its already looking like it. I'll keep this updated

n8ball2013

well that seems to be what it was. Its opening up quite nicely. Who would have thought six inches was a big deal.

n8ball2013

geez dont check things for a few days and look what happens. FYI also scored a derasa. not as nice as my golden derasa was but still nice. I'll have to get some pics up.

keri

Originally Posted by n8ball2013
http:///forum/post/2867940
geez dont check things for a few days and look what happens. FYI also scored a derasa. not as nice as my golden derasa was but still nice. I'll have to get some pics up.

:) I look forward to pics...