Clam not doing so well

jackri

Unfortunately clams can take a month or more to die with no real reason or way to stop it in a lot of cases.

nds03

All I really want to know is why this clam in particular is not surviving in my tank with the other clams in my tank. I have one very small clam(2") and one large clam (8") and they both are very healthy. i have an oversized filter with a small number of fish as well. I keep calc and alk in check and feed them zooplankton and phytoplankton. I have had these clams for a long time and the clam in question started losing color the day I put it in there(one month ago). Obviously not because of worms... what exactly do pyramid snails look like??

nds03

Originally Posted by jackri
http:///forum/post/3100166
Unfortunately clams can take a month or more to die with no real reason or way to stop it in a lot of cases.

I don't know if I can figure it out or stop this clam from dying, but I can garauntee you there is a reason for it. It did not start dying until it got into MY fishtank.

nycbob

some clams r more sensitive then others. i had a few clams passed on me a few times, when all of my others clams and sps were doing awesome. every individual is unique. there probably isnt anything wrong with ur tank.

S

smartorl

If you have only had it for around a month, it could have been stressed in shipping or handling, it could have been acclimation shock, it in all likihood has been moving toward death the whole time you have had it. It's in the final throes, sad but not much you can do. It takes these guys a while to die.