clam problems

slosurfer

A week ago I purchased a clam and I figured for it to get the maximum amount of light, I would set it up on a rock near the surface of my aquarium, however, the it didn't stay there and by the next morning it was down in the sand, so I once again moved it up on some rocks. Again and again he ends up on the sand and I just recently realized that he's being knocked down by my clown fish who I'm guessing thinks that the clam is a threat to his anemone. Has anyone experience a problem like this in the past? I'd like to get the clam as much light as possible, but its not looking like my clown will allow it.

badkharma

On top of golfish's questions, how big is this clam? A clownfish can knock it over? How big is the clownfish?

slosurfer

first off, my lighting is 175 watt metal halide and 64 watts of pc. It's a blue maxima clam and is about 3 inches long. The clown fish knocks it over by rapidly turning in the water and causing a gust of water to hit it (if that explanation makes any sense) he does the same thing to me when i get near his anemone.

golfish

If you have a sand bed I'd bury a flat rock in the sand and but the clam on sand bed so it will attach to the rock, then you can put it where you want it...rememeber, if the clam doesn't like where its at it too will move.