clam tyes

fishy7

I am going to be setting up a clam display in my new tank. New; meaning a 369 Gallon tank. It has been running for 3 months now fully cycled.
I want to have 10 or so clams. My main goal is to have as much color as possible and I am not sure which clam types to get...
I have plenty of light 400W MH.
Thanks for your help.

nycbob

if u hv the lighting, any clam will do. crocea, maxima, derasa or squamosa. just make sure u hv proper calcium. i'd also add a few fish to produce waste for the clams to eat.

candycane

How deep is the tank, how high up are the lights, how old are the lights, what are the dimensions of the tank, etc..........

fishy7

Tank info:
96X24X36
Lights are new and sit 3" off the water.
I have 4 400w HQI pendants with 2 Nova extreme 48" with 8 54W T5 HO.
I am slowly adding fish. Do clams need to be in a seasoned tank(over a year old) to do well or you can add them any time?

Thanks for the info

candycane

I was just wondering about the dimensions. Last time I saw a guy with a 350 foot tank, his was over 38 inches tall, LOL.
About the age of a tank: A tank should be running long enough to sustain more delicate livestock. Doesn't usually require a year. It's really just about maintenance of the tank when it has COMPLETELY cycled.