Clams?

unsung

I'm interested in bring a Crocea Clam into my 12G. I'm wanting to know how other peoples clams have done in there tanks?
Thanks everyone.

aztec reef

well what type of equipment do you have? lighting? do you have fish? if this is your first setup i wouldn't recommended..they need good lighting,great water conditions..

unsung

It's a 12G JBJ Nano Cube. 166gph Submersible pump. Lighting is 2 24W compact fluorescent lamps. Water conditions are great. I do have 2 Green Chromis in the tank right now. This isn't my first set-up but it's the first i'm doing solo.

aztec reef

you might be able to keep it(at the top of tank.). other than that i would get a little better lighting.so that they keep growing.do you have any other corals? if not, you should start with some polyps and zoos there is some really nice ones.. :happyfish

unsung

Do you have any suggestions on lighting blubs or even a new lighting unit? I haven't added any corals in yet, but i've been keeping in contact with my LFS and i'm waiting for there next shipment. That have a great selection of mushroom polyps that i've been interested in.

aztec reef

i personally don't have any nanos, demartini/someone else here has great nano tanks so she/they can help you out on the lighting ..you can also start a new tread... :happyfish

demartini

no, you wont be able to keep crocea with that lighting. I have a 70 watt metal halide over my 14 gallon and I still keep my crocea at the top... they need intense lighting.

nigerbang

I agree with the lovely poster above...I would think you would need alot more then 2x24flour. I have a 400 watt MH and my tank is 24" deep and my clam is 20 inches from the light and in still not sure if he needs to be higher up..

aztec reef

Originally Posted by DeMartini
no, you wont be able to keep crocea with that lighting. I have a 70 watt metal halide over my 14 gallon and I still keep my crocea at the top... they need intense lighting.

i knew, she was the right one to ask. thanks demartini!!

L

lbaskball

Originally Posted by Unsung
Thanks for the help you guys!

I have 150watts of metal halide in my 14gal. I keep my clam on the sand actually. Its doing fine.

nctarheels

i keep my crocea on my sand bed with 130 watts of lighting plus sunlight. and hes about 3 inches from siphon to siphon