Clean Up Crew For 55 gal

scott t

I will have everything I need to set up my 55 gal tank in about 2 weeks, (Maybe even the Live Rock if not then the week after I should have it) I know that it will be a while before I will add the clean up crew but I want an idea of what I will need to put in it to start with when the tank is cycled. I just want to be prepared to get the Clean up Crew So, I want to know how many and of what. So it would be like this.

Number X (what ever you think would be the best)

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

meowzer

For the first addition....6 of each snails: nassarius, cerith, astrea

then you test and watch some more :)

scott t

Really, I was wondering been researching clean up crews all evening and they seemed huge when you buy the packages. Should you add them when you see the first Diatom? (Meowzer I knew you would be the first to respond
)

meowzer

LOL...Yes, my life is sooooo exciting

if you have a LFS available to you.....it is best to start slow....do not add them until your levels are all at 0.....diatoms or not

If you have no choice....as I do not....and have to order online.....well then you will probably buy more...It does not pay to buy 12 snails and pay for shipping.....LOL

scott t

Yeah that's my Problem right there I don't have a LFS here except Deathco and I will not buy anything from there. lol So what should I do because I have to buy online?