clean up crew?

highside

Hey guys, I have a 24gallon finnex with 36 lbs of rock. Been running about 3 weeks and the nitrites are finally zeroed out. I have been looking at these clean up crew packages on this site that have all the snails, crabs and clams that they reccomend all in one package. Do you think this would be to much of a shock to the system to put all of them in at once?? Seems like the snails put out quite a bit of waste.
Thanks

joebob7

i have that same question because i dont want to pay shipping to buy a few crabs and snails at a time
anyone?

highside

Ok, I took the plunge and ordered the nano pack from this site. Everything showed up alive and started cleaning immediatly. There was quite a bit of hair alge from the cycle, 36 lbs of rock in a 24 gallon finnex m tank. Within 3 days all of the hair alge is gone and my salifert nitrite test kit reports .01, this is when you look through it sideways to get a reading ten times more sensitive. Nothing shows up when looking strait down into it. One queen conch did not make it and it looks like one astrea may die also. I put in a colony of gsp at the same time and they look really good. The astrea tried to plow right through them then fell off the rock and hasn't moved since. The queen conch, I have no idea why it didn't make it. I would say that it is safe to put the whole clean up crew in at once as long as you have enough rock.