clean up crew?

i need some advice on a clean up crew. i need something that is reef safe. i have a gbta, 2 true percs, a cleaner shrimp, a peppermint shrimp, about 10 blue leg hermits, a tiny brittle star, and corals.
i want something to clean the sand well, and the rocks. what should i get?

coral keeper

Originally Posted by armywife1314
http:///forum/post/2602046
i need some advice on a clean up crew. i need something that is reef safe. i have a gbta, 2 true percs, a cleaner shrimp, a peppermint shrimp, about 10 blue leg hermits, a tiny brittle star, and corals.
i want something to clean the sand well, and the rocks. what should i get?
Nass. snails.

A

alexmir

nass snails, and hermits would do a good job, im super upgrading my clean up crew on monday!!! cant wait, its fun to watch the little hermits crawl over everything.

ophiura

What sort of issues are you seeing that need to be cleaned? Depending on what it is, you may need to address the source, and not just add more animals :)

i had a rock with hair algae on it, i had gotten it from a friend. i scrubbed the algae off (dont want it to spread). i just want to make sure the tank stays clean basically, kinda getting ahead before i end up behind type of thing. i know i have a cleaner for the fish, and some for the rocks but my hermits are so tiny and they fight with each other more than they clean. theres always one shell the other wants
so they fight and tear each other out of it. so i may be down to less than 10 now.

the hermits stay on the rocks and i want something to make sure the sand is turned so it gets cleaned.

vkuroczka

I would have to agree with the Nas. Snails... I have a fine sand floor and they do a great job of burying themselves in the sand.... not very pretty, but then again you rarely see them. The only time I see them is when I feed my fish then they pop up like weeds LOL :0)