Clean up Crew

acez28

From what people have been sayin around here is that Blue Leg Hermits are not good to have. Well i am ready to get my clean up crew but all the pakages have more bluelegs than anything. Also do you really need that many things that eat algae in the tank. I am getting this for a 100 gal so what pakage do yall suggest.
The fish i am gonna have are a Huma Huma Trigger, Sailfin Tang, and a Coral Banded Shrimp. Any help will be appreciated.

T

thomas712

I guess the general feeling is that the scarlet hermits are more of the workers, more peaceful, less obnoxous.
The blue leg are more of the devil may care military might makes right variety, always locked in combat with something. I still have a blue leg in my 55 for fun.
Thomas

dreeves

I have many blue hermits in both my tanks...dont know the exact number...anyways, they do eat algea, some, but I keep them for their entertainment value...

slick

Blue legs are a little aggressive from what I've seen. I really like dwarf zebra hermits. I have areound 100 of them in my 90. They are small and work a lot.