cleaned the back of my tanks glass

murph145

Originally Posted by pete43
Very nice pink tail,reef safe?Any shrimp ever go M.I.A?.Are the three anthias all female just for the male painted anthia?If so,he's a lucky ......
the Pink Tail is as reef safe as any trigger can get... considering his size hes very dosile i just feed him alot to keep him happy! i dont have any shrimp so thats not a worry but if i did him or the lion would eat them surely
the painted anthias gets the females lol.... i had 3 females and 1 male lyertail the male got sick and died when i introduced some new fish that i didnt QT they gave some of my fish ick and he perished unfortunately... the largest female is in the middle of her transformation to a male now....

murph145

Originally Posted by MrsTwig
BEAUTIFUL TANK!! Can you tell me if you run a sump and about what skimmer and return pump you might use? I have a 90 and I can't decide which one to buy. Any other equipment that you use that you think makes the difference in a big way?
Thanks for sharing!
ive learned that gettin the right equipment the first time saves lots of headaches and money in the long run! and makes for a better setup for ur inhabitants....
as far as my sump goes its relatively small it only holds about 20gallons of water at a time... i run an ASM-G4 skimmer which for the money works awesome... for a 90G tank id say the G-2 would work nicely... i run a UV filter... its a combo of everything from lighting, to flow, to filtration that helps put a tank together... my sump does about 1000gph through it so i run an pan world 100px-x as my return pump... i also have lots of cheato in my sump too
hope that helps a lil

murph145

thanks Triga22 and stephish for u nice comments!
heres some more of my favs incase some of u havent seen them

murph145

kinda hard to tell what exactly ur lookin at but on the bottom right is a pink poccillopora coral
heres a few more

murph145

no i have removeable panels that attach using high strength velcro makes for easier access
and thanks im glad u like my tank and pictures alot!

whyamisofl

What size drain(s) do you have in your overflow? And I assume you are using 1" as a main return branched off to 3/4"?
(I am trying to get 25-30x turnover without ANY internal powerheads)

murph145

i think the only way to succesfully do that kind of turnover is with a closed loop
if u push that much water through your over flow the skimmer wont have time to take out all the DOC's.... i run about 1000gph through my sump....
my closed loop does about 3600gph which is 20x's turnover... u could get more out of a closed loop with bigger drain holes and a larger return pump
but as far as a sump goes its possible but IMO its better to have a seperate setup strictly for flow and leave the sump to doing the filtration

flame guy

Justin, you're not only an awesome guy, you also have an awesome looking tank, very nice arrangement with diff. colors. can't thank you enough for those winning frags you gave me they're doing well...thx again...

murph145

very cool! im glad that ur tank is doing awesome as well!! it looks very nice and healthy!
so the frags are doing ok still in your tank??
thats good to hear