Cleaned up the rat's nest

javatech

I just got finished Cleaning up the rat's nest of wires for my tanks and moved it all off the floor. now i can see all of my timers:)

slothy

Originally posted by HairTrigger
Wow... what are those three black boxes with the timers?:eek:

APC Powerstrips W/ BATTERY (looks like)

richard rendos

Look like surge protectors to me.
Question...how easy is it for you to disconnect one item now that all your cords are tied together? Is there an easy way or do you have to untie or cut wire ties to disconnect one?
It looks great, and I thought about doing this to my cords, but was worried that it would be difficult to remove one item due to the cords being tied together. What did you use to tie them?

javatech

Thanks all
yes i feel a lot better now that i can see it all and use the rest of the work bench
yes they are APC Powerstrips W/battey backup and surge protectors the top row of plugs are the surge protectors and the bottom is the battery backup. all on it's own 20 amp line that i just put in for the tank's
as far as taking them apart i hope i don't have to too often but the wire tie's are cheep the cord's on the pump's are long so when i nee to take them out it's not too bad

hairtrigger

Slothy... if that is the case with those black boxes, do the batteries keep essential things running in case of power outtage? That would be awesome.
Are they pricey?

javatech

Yes that's what they do. they will run the pumps for 120 min's + or - 15 min give's me time to set up the generator 9000 watts