Cleaner Clam light requirements?

bailiwick

[hr]
I noticed cleaner clams were reccommended for refugiums. Do they have a lower light requirement than Tridacnas?
I read T. Squamosa has lower light requirements than the other Tridacnas. Would the following be sufficient for a Squamosa?
I have a 24 gal. nano reef with 50/50 10K PC with 3 watts/gal. I would like to put a couple of cleaner clams in to help with nitrates.
Thanks
P. S. Do Flame scallops eat nitrates?

pitbull01

Neither cleaner clams nor flame scallops are photosynthectic, so you could keep them in complete darkness if u really wanted to.

vi3tb0i

Originally Posted by bailiwick

[hr]
I noticed cleaner clams were reccommended for refugiums. Do they have a lower light requirement than Tridacnas?
I read T. Squamosa has lower light requirements than the other Tridacnas. Would the following be sufficient for a Squamosa?
I have a 24 gal. nano reef with 50/50 10K PC with 3 watts/gal. I would like to put a couple of cleaner clams in to help with nitrates.
Thanks
P. S. Do Flame scallops eat nitrates?
i heard flame scallops are hard to keep

pitbull01

not really-I had an electric flame scallop for 1 year in my old tank...it did great. It was big when I got it and they only have a wild life span of 2 years...so mine lived a very long life.

vi3tb0i

Originally Posted by pitbull01
not really-I had an electric flame scallop for 1 year in my old tank...it did great. It was big when I got it and they only have a wild life span of 2 years...so mine lived a very long life.
o but they will die soon