cleaner shrimp eggs?

fisherkid91

I have two cleaner shrimp for a few months now and i just noticed a bunch of light green sphere like balls on the bottom of both of their stomachs. Could these be eggs or are they always there and I just didnt notice?

jchmiel

Those are eggs but unless you have a mating pair the eggs are probley not fertilized and even if they are its very difficult to raise the young.

good alex

Here take a look at this link, its my thread and a i too had shrimp eggs see if yours are the same as mine, if you notice the pictures in the beggining of the thread are blue and the ones at the end are more silverish, and have noticed from other people that blue is that there not fertelized and silverish is they are fertilized, im not saying this is true but is my opinion
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/262018/pregnant-cleaner-shrimp
i thought i would try and raise them but the person never answered me back so i dont know from personal experience if there raise able but i have heard that there very difficult to grow with out letting them die.
good luck!

fisherkid91

ok thanx for the help everyone, i've heard that they were very hard hatch. I just thought it was weird how both of the shrimp got the eggs. Is this like a periodic thing thats happens to them?