cleaner shrimp has eggs?

Hm, I bough two cleaner shrimps a months ago and for some reason, one dissappeared. Now a little later, I see these eggs the one that is left has. Is there anything I should be doing? Here are some pics (not super clear as my lens couldn't get any closer)

switched lenses and used flash since i remembered i wasn't looking for the 'good picture' but more of the detail about the eggs.
also took off my 50mm f/1.8 lens to get in a little closer.

devilboy

when my cleaner is pregnant the eggs look like little white balls in her belly, is that what they look like? i really can not tell from the pictures

I think they have that color bceause the shell isn't completely clear. And of course, pictures don't completely show the exact color/detail.

clarkiiboi

Bang--you still continue to amaze me with your knowledge!
XxViEtXjUStiNxX --just let nature do its course, as said it will be great food for your tank. Trying to raise them isn't worth the hassle. Adding another cleaner, just for this reason, wouldn't be a bad idea also.

Thanks for the advice everybody. I'll pick up one more if possible and hopefully I'll see what happens. I'll check on the color of the eggs when it's morning =).

nm reef

I keep a pair of skunks and a pair of blood reds...they all go thru the same process on a regular basis. One of the benefits of keeping them is the natural food source provided ... cruel...but beneficial.:thinking:

clown52

This may sound crazy but I swear my cleaner had green eggs a few times and I only had one cleaner shrimp. Is that possible? I also have a pepermint shrimp but they seem to hate each other.

bang guy

They can store sperm for a few months so it it had contact with another mature shrimp before you got it then it's certainly possible.

coastie55g

to my surprise i noticed while putting together a target special microwave cart that i had green eggs on one of my cleaners. was totally surprised.
so there is nothing i can do to maybe have baby cleaners running around? how many days do you think till we see babies floating around?:thinking: