Cleaner shrimp

S

scotto214

I have a fire shrimp that cleans anything that moves including your hand. It is my favorite and most interesting invert.

sfoister

Mine doesn't clean anything. My fish are probably too small though. I have a 2 inch maroon clown and a 3 inch coris wrasse.
My shrimp is about equal in size to my clown.

teen

my cleaner shrimp died last month, but every night he used to clena my lawnmower blenny and GSM clown. im going to invest in another one soon.

zeroc

mine cleans everyone that comes to him, mostly my sebae clowns, but he cleans other fish just not as often, the sebae let's him jump on and hold on to him while he cleans. and yes when i put my hand in to move a coral or something he runs right over and starts picking at my hand.

crabsrkewl

Originally Posted by Waterlogged
I had one that cleaned my yellow tang all the time.
Yeah cleaner shrimp are notorious for cleaning tangs. Mine used 2 do that all the time. I think it also depends on how big a fish is because mine cleans my blenny, squirellfish (don't comment they get along great), and hand but never my clown and damsels. Also if they are very well fed they won't clean as often.

crabsrkewl

Another thing that at least happens to me is that a cleanershrimp will not typically clean fish and I only catch him doing it once a week tops

crabsrkewl

Originally Posted by dodgr31
My cleaner routinely cleans my long nosed hawk and my hand. He is really eager to clean.
I guess sometimes you get lucky with one and sometimes you don't

donald

well I added one to my tank and he cleans my yellow tang. The other day I saw my cleaner actualy riding on my yellow tang. When he was done he hopped of and went on his way. Thanks guys for your input. My yellow tang has also stoped rubbing on the rocks now that he has his little buddy.

ryno_mn

my cleaner is very cool. He cleans my coral beauty almost everyday. The coral beauty goes up to the shrimp expecting it.

gnorman

when we put our Queen Angel into the tank our cleaner shrimp swam right over to him, jumped on him and did his thing. i wish i could have been there to see it ( im up at college while my lil bros taking care of the tank ). he says the shrimp still cleans him, i cant wait to go home for thanksgiving break to see how everything is going.
hey everyone lets get some pics of our cleaner shrimp in Action!!

anonome

I have 2 scarlet and 2 fire shrimp and both species routinely clean my fish. Here is a pic of the fire shrimp cleaning my diamond spot goby.

big

I think one of mine is having an affair with my Blenny!! They are always together......................