cleaner wrasse

pufferlover

The only one that has a chance of doing well is the bluestreak cleaner wrasse (latin name labroides dimidiatus). There are others out there such as the Hawaiian (which never live-never). Many here do not think they should be available as most die from lack of proper foods. I have had good luck with the bluestreaks and have 5 at the moment, the oldest being a mated pair that are close to 5 years old now. To have a chance do not buy one unless your lfs can show you it eats. Most of mine were started on live brine shrimp but now eat worms and small pieces of formula 1 & 2 Cubes diced up. They are active good looking fish that I think are sold by stores way before they should be and that is why they die so soon. As I have said before the ones that seem to be the best are the ones from the Maldives (wherever that is). All of mine except the pair are from there and have done well since they went in the tanks they are in. Watch out for pricing at lfs tho some get 20 bucks for these things where on the net they are 6 bucks (plus box & shipping). I have paid as little as 5 bucks and as much as 20 for the Maldivian ones.