Cleaning A Tank With Venomous Specimens

triton

How do folks go about cleaning and doing mentainance inside a tank with venomous specimens?
Are there any type of gloves you can wear to gaurantee your safety?
Thanks

superh

Originally Posted by hot883
The only thing I do is clean the glass and I do that with a "mag float".
same here...every now and again when I move live rock I still don't where gloves (I have lionfish)...I probably should, but I'm very cautious when I put my hand in there and they don't seem too interested.

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by hot883
The only thing I do is clean the glass and I do that with a "mag float".
yes, mag floats r handy, if i was feeding i used to look where he was b4 i reached down to give the eels their food

geridoc

I wear those shoulder-length "Aqua Gloves" when I work on the tank that has the volitans in it. Better safe than sorry (and in pain)

triton

Originally Posted by GeriDoc
I wear those shoulder-length "Aqua Gloves" when I work on the tank that has the volitans in it. Better safe than sorry (and in pain)
GeriDoc,
Where did you get the "Aqua Gloves"?
Are they 100% resistant to the spines of a lion fish?
Thanks

v-lioness

Are they 100% resistant to the spines of a lion fish?
No, you can still get stung even through the Aqua Gloves.
Kaye

wanabebell

really as long as your respect your animals and respect that fact that they can inflict pain there isnt a problem.
i have a lion and a foxface and none of them give me a problem
as long as you put your hand in a good distance away from them and slowly so they dont get spooked and then they should be fine

v-lioness

What they said ........ And Look every time you stick your hand in ..... All but one of mine go to the opposite side of the tank, one follows me every where, very nosey fish, has to see everything I am doing.
Kaye

jon321

If your really paranoid and dont have much rockwork a peice of egg crate the height and width of your tank can be slid in to divide the area of the tank your doing work on from your poisonouse fish.
Jon