cleaning calcium deposits

hawkfish

my 29G has finally settled after i got all the kalkwasser chunks out (long story) Now all i have to do is clean the sides of the tank. before i start scrubbing it off with a sponge or washcloth i was wondering if there was some super easy way to get it off. Any "secrets of the pros" would be very welcome. Thanks in advance.

broomer5

If the tank's empty - a mild solution of white vinegar and water can help, scubbing it with an algae removing pad, then rinsing the tank VERY well before using it again.
If the tank's full or saltwater and critters....... well, you can use an algae removing pad by itself, and of coarse .. skip the vinegar solution.
Good ole elbow grease and be careful not get any sand in between the pad and glass - it can scratch.
Good luck !

luke

If the tank is GLASS you can use a single edged razor. Sorry I forgot to include this in my other post :)
Luke
If the tank is acrylic DON'T do this!!!

nm reef

On my tanks whenever I need to scrape anything off the acrylic/glass I use a old expired visa.....yup....visa built it so visa can clean it....*_^

greggy

But about the topic i do the same thing with the visa it works great and it doesnt sratch my arclyic tank at all
good luck