"cleaning crew" ? FO Tank

ramatt

Can I put some inverts in my tank to help with cleaning the live rock and substrate. Like a cleaner shrimp, snails, etc. I currently have a sailfin tang, a sohol tang, a gobie, clownfish, and a wrasse(small). Do inverts do ok in a FO tank? Thanks

jess

Inverts such as snails and crabs are fine with the fish you have. Put about 1 snail for every 10 gallons. The crabs will eat the scraps that are in the gravel that the fish don't and they will clean your LIVE ROCK. You might have a problem putting a cleaner shrip with a Sohol, but thats a MAYBE. It sould be fine wil crabs. But it might eat the shrip. I would buy a chep one and try it. Hope that hepls, If you have any more questions just ask or Email me.How big is your tank?
[This message has been edited by Jess (edited 04-08-2000).]

kris

I would be more concered about the wrasse eating them, what kind of wrasse do you have?

ramatt

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try. I currently have a 65 gallon tank. I just got the wrasse and I can't remember what kind to save my life! It is white with a black stripe running down it's back with two orange spots on him.