Cleaning sequence reeflos..don't use vinegar.

bronco300

Just for everyones' info,...if you own a sequence reeflo pump, do NOT use vinegar to clean it as apparently it is bad for the pump/seals and will ruin the integrity of the seals i believe....AND it will void your warranty...so they(reeflo) recommend using muriatic acid...awesome huh? I have gallons of that just sitting around at home...not to mention my slick suit to wear while using the ACID that can burn holes in your skin or make an explosion if mixed with any water, woo...just thought i'd mention it since most people now recommend just using vinegar to clean things now.

reefforbrains

bah, Muratic is strong but no chem suits needed. Just address any "itches" you might have BEFORE you open the bottle.
Buy the smallest container possible as trying to get rid of the stuff is a pain if you have surplus.

indyws6

Greetings :)
Muriatic acid (aka Hydrochloric acid) will not explode if mixed with water. It is commonly used in swimming pools to adjust the Ph of the water and to remove rust from porcelain toilets. It is easily obtainable from hardware and local "home" stores...
Take Care

indyws6

Greetings

I use it occasionally to adjust the Ph in my pool and have, more than once, accidentally spilled it on my hand. It's a weird thing to watch your skin smoke
As long as I get my hand in the water quickly to rinse it off, no harm - no foul. I have had drops splash on my legs before without realizing it, but the burning sensation tends to grab your attention rather quickly

It can be dangerous, but it's not nuclear waste. A little common sense - it is a chemical, after all - goes a long way. I sure wouldn't want it splashed in my eye. That would be very (very) bad...
Take Care