cleanup crew

snowripper70

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if it was possible to set up a clean up crew in a 65 tank with 3 triggers and one clownfish. And yes I know its "too many fish" but I've had these fish for three years and they are perfect. I only want to lower nitrates as to rid the green algae. Is this possible with a cleanup crew. Or am i bummin? I just purchased some bacteria to put in tank to rid the green algae. And just to let everyone know I do have a protein skimmer along with a fluval 404 and I do 15 to 20 gallon water changes weekly. Thanks
snowripper70

no cleanup crew with triggers. others will disagree but i put hermmits at night to clean the lr. but when the lights come on most are eaten. they do a good job at cleaning most of the algae.

daluminum

ever tried large hermits? most large hermits are bigger than a decent size trigger. I bout some the other day. I only have a wrasse and some damsels. The bluebird wrasse kills everything else I put in the tank but wont even look at this large hermit. worth a try. My LFS sells the large for $4.95 and a small red for $2.95 so for the money. Im sure the bigguns can eat more. :D