cleanupcrew to arrive tommorow... questions..

cain420

ok.. i know..i shouldve read first, but i am still a little in advance..
my clean up crew will arrive here tomorrow (scheduled to anyways)
i got plenty of algae to be eaten.. nice thick green grass lookin stuff..
i ordered the reef package from here for 55-100 gallons
what should my preparation for them be for when they arrive?
do they need certain calcium levels, etc.?
here is my setup:
75gallon w/20 gallon sump w/wet-dry...magnum 350 with carbon (for a cloudy day), 76lbs live rock, 28lbs sand, 40lbs live sand, 2 percula clowns (who are a little bit picky with food but they always eat.. just look for specific pieces), a cleaner wrasse (who loves to eat the flake food, frozen brine, and also will chase after the pellets), and a scooter blenny ( i now know they are supposed to be in an established tank and wonder if the sand sized bugs are what he eats..i got tons of those!)..
tank is over 4 weeks old, cycled in a week plus a day or two (believe it or not).. waited an additional week to add the 2 percs.. and another week b4 i added the wrasse and the blenny.. i have the orbit 48" 64x4 + lunar.. and plan to pipe in a fuge within a week or two..
my readings are as follows:
salinity: 1.025
pH - 8.2
Alk - 2.8
Ammonia - 0
Nitrites - 0
Nitrates - 0 (was at 2.5 when i started to add stock and went down to 0, prolly due to the algae)
all levels have been stable since cycle finished... hope i didnt forget to include anything..
All help is appreciated greatly! And thanks to everyone for the great advice on my tank so far, its comin together great!

jerth6932

Drip acclimate them for like 2 hours, and you should be ok!!! Other than that you should be fine.... if all levels are optimal...... As far as Calcuim, you need to test for that.... and just keep it around 450....

cain420

ok.. 450.. is that basically for all inverts? ill pick the test up tomorrow if they have it at my lfs....

jerth6932

Originally Posted by cain420
ok.. 450.. is that basically for all inverts? ill pick the test up tomorrow if they have it at my lfs....
They should that is a normal one! 450 is an all around number for the tank/Calcium!!!

cain420

yea.. they are an active bunch! lol
i didnt know coral banded shrimp were that dang big!

jerth6932

yea.. they are an active bunch! lol
i didnt know coral banded shrimp were that dang big!
how did ya acclimate them? And did you lose any?

cain420

i dunno.. there are like 3 that havent moved yet.. none noticably dead.. i dripped em for 2.5 hours.. and placed em where i wanted em to start.. they started chowin down right away! well, most of em anyways.. i put one of the emarald crabs on the rock where the hitch hiker used to live.. i think it took up residence.. but i dunno yet.. i cant wait till they clean things up and i can post some nice pics..

jerth6932

i dunno.. there are like 3 that havent moved yet.. none noticably dead.. i dripped em for 2.5 hours.. and placed em where i wanted em to start.. they started chowin down right away! well, most of em anyways.. i put one of the emarald crabs on the rock where the hitch hiker used to live.. i think it took up residence.. but i dunno yet.. i cant wait till they clean things up and i can post some nice pics..
I cant wait to see them
Just remember that you have an emerald in there now... do not freak and get the pans!!!!!

cain420

lol.. i still have this worm thing that stays in a rock and has tenticles stickin out... i dunno what it is, but it dont come out of the rock, so what do i care? lol
my cleaning crew either came with a crap load of pods (which i doubt cuz i didnt use the water, i netted em out of the bucket and placed em in) or adding in the cleaning crew made the pods get out of the sand.. all i know is that after i added crew, i realized just how many pods i have.. and the scooter blenny has TONS to eat, so i need not worry bout him anymore, lol..
i got some decent sized bristle worms too.. doesnt seem to be as many as b4 though..