Clear water

harm89

Can someone please help? I have a 90gl tank,and I can't seem to get my water to clear up and my tank has been set up for about 3-4 mos. I have crushed coral mixed with black gravel as a base. I have an Emp400 and a Mag350. I have 20lbs of live rock,8 fish: 4 clowns,2 tangs,1 wrasse & 2 damsels, 2 turantula crabs and a pencil urcher. I've tested the water on a bi-weekly basis and salt level is @ .021 everything else also tests normal. With natural light, the tank looks yellow, with the flourecent, it looks cloudy. I've tried the Fluval 304..it did nothing! A friend is selling me a UV sterilizer (sz 250). Is it worth it?WHAT IS WRONG??? I'm getting discouraged here!Please help!!!
NICK :confused:

I dont want to come off the wrong way but have you checked the filter on the HOT Mag??
I only run my HOT Mag250 to polish water it only takes about 45min to clear up what my lousey BakPak wont pick up. When the flow of the water drops (you'll notice it) thats when its time to clean the Micron filter or ( I dont use it) change the carbon in the carbon container filter.
Hope I helped.

dburr

carbon should clear it up. I agree with the above post.
I use only for a couple of days so not to leach any thing back in the tank.
good luck