clip for algae sheets

jhc

dumb question, but when people talk about using a clip for algae sheets or lettuce to feed their blennies or other algae eaters, what kind of clip are they talking about and do you just clip the sheet in and leave it in the water. Also what about the frozen cubes of plant and algae... are they anygood for feeding these fish?
thanks,
JHC

jedininja

The clips that everyone talks about are lettuce/nori clips that they sell in the LFS. They go for about $3 or so and the have a clip and a suction cup that holds the greens that you are feeding. The frozen cubes work, but the clip is inteded for grazing.

doodle1800

right - mine is a clownfish clip ($3) that I feed my Yellow Tang with. After a few hours you remove whats not been eaten, but my tang doesn't leave that option. :)

theplowking

Clips are about 3 bucks. I put a 3 inch strip of seaweed each
morning on a clip for my Kole Tang. What is left is eaten by the Sally LF or Hermits. There is usually none left by 5 PM

cinhark

My yellow tang rips the algea right out of the clip every time, he is such a aggressive eater, does anyone else have that problem or is it just my tang?

Where do you folks buy your nori? Can you get unsalter unseasoned nori at the grocery store? Or is this something that a LFS would carry?
Thanks,
--Tor

lesleybird

You can also take a smallish rock and a rubberband to feed the seaweed sheet pieces,,,,,works ok. Don't bother with lettuce as the nutrition is very poor. Someone suggested to put a piece of fishing line attached to the rock with part of it attached to something out of the water so one does not have to stick their hand in the water to get it out. Lesley