Closed loop or Tunze?

fishlover9

I am looking to increase flow in my tank while removing my 3 MJ900's. I was originally going with a closed loop running around 1200gph, but now I am looking at adding a Tunze 6010. My tank is a 90gl RR with a 30gl fuge.
So what are the pros and cons of each?
thanks,
mike

fishsta

I would personally get the tunze wavebox. These things are great. They have tons of flow and you would not need any powerheads or closed loop. There is a guy in the classified section on here selling a 210 gallon set up and he has the tunze wavebox and a video shot of it in motion. It is pretty amazing. He is only asking $250 for it!!!! Go check it out.

acrylic51

Do some research on the wavebox first.....I've read that they may cause problems down the road on tanks......Do some research

wax32

I have a closed loop AND a tunze stream.
DO the closed loop first and if you want more you can always add the stream.

kaholic

Are the tunze really worth it for the money? I heard the seio's are pretty decent too. I need another ph and was looking at the Turbelle Stream 6000 but I'm having a hard time with that price.

wax32

I have the electronically controllable stream 6100. All I can say is, wow.
There's a controller you can get for it: I have it set at 2 different speeds and it pulses back and forth. You can also press a button to turn it off if you are trying to spot feed something. You can also get a light sensor that lowers the power of the pump when the lights go off.