cloudy eye

Why do I have a great running tank then all of a sudden a fish has a cloudy eye? What causes this? All the years I have been keeping fish, I don't understand why this happens. I have excellent water conditions! Maracyn 2 only worsens the problem. So can anyone explain how to prevent this problem. Right now its my emperor angel. Last month my Baby Clown Trigger. I find fresh water dip is helping, but not preventing. These fish have been with me 8 months or so. It just seems to happen out of the blue. Anyone please advise.:help:

beth

Administrator
Staff member
How are you dealing with the cloudy eye when it occurs?
Do you notice having done something different when this happens, like maintenace, water change, addition to tank?

Yes I did do a watechange and clean bottom before this happened. My Emperor had it before and I cured it with Freshwater dips and Benadine. The only problem is it comes back

akinda

i have the same prob right now with my anthias im on day 3 of 5 days on treating with maroxy and no progress i think i will try a fw dip. but it isnt popeye that we have if yours is like mine. its a film over the eye? but mines pupal is almost clear been like that hebumped it and a peice fell off but he just sits around till its time to eat. i also did a water change 40%. and started treatment i am hoping in the next 2 days it gets better. if maroxy works i will tell you

akinda

ok i was told it wasnt popeye it was a external parasite thats why i used it but what do i need to do to do a formalin dip?