Cloudy puffy eye??

schmidlwr

I have had my tank set up for about two years now and my foxface had been in it the longest. Last week he started getting a cloudy big eye. It doesn't seem to be getting worse but not better. Does anyone know what this is and how I can treat it?

txstudent

hmm my foxface rabbit fish seems to have this same problem. It ' s almost cloudy as if he has a cataract. Can fish get cataracts?

schmidlwr

I don't know for sure I was going to take a sample to Jacks and see what is going on. All of my other fish are doing good. They have no signs of this at all.

forsale

it is popeye and its treated with Neomycen (not sure if thats how its spelled) its hard to treat may be caused by dirty water or to many bubbles in the tank

schmidlwr

I don't have that many bubbles in the tank. I noticed the eye a couple days after I put the fish in from Saltwater.com. I am going to try what you suggested. Can I treat it in my tank or do I have to do it seperately?

farslayer

I doubt it's popeye if the eye isn't bulging out, but it could be an infection. Do you soak your food in garlic? And definitely post those water parameters.

lion_crazz

Please don't put any medications in the water until you know what is going on with the tank. Medicating the tank could hurt it if you have very bad water quality.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by forsale
it is popeye and its treated with Neomycen (not sure if thats how its spelled) its hard to treat may be caused by dirty water or to many bubbles in the tank
Pop eye can be caused by many things: poor water quality, poor diet, being netted, scrapping against rocks, etc. Do not add medication. It is very easily healed. What are you feeding your fish? Post those water parameters.

schmidlwr

Well I hate to say this but my foxface died. I tested my water and everything wes good. I set up the q-tank and put the medicine in there and my husband turned on the heater. When my baby woke me up through the night I went to check on him and he was dead. When my husband turned the heater on he didn't check to see if it was set right.

schmidlwr

Well I hate to say this but my foxface died. I tested my water and everything was good. I set up the q-tank and put the medicine in there and my husband turned on the heater. When my baby woke me up through the night I went to check on him and he was dead. When my husband turned the heater on he didn't check to see if it was set right.