Cloudy water wont go away

kenzierae68

I put ultra fine sand in my 15 gallon about a week ago then gently added water. The tank was finally perfectly clear so i turned my filter on when i came home from school the water was super cloudy again. So i turned it off. What should i do because i need to get the filter running for the cycling process

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzierae68 http:///t/395376/cloudy-water-wont-go-away#post_3519807
I put ultra fine sand in my 15 gallon about a week ago then gently added water. The tank was finally perfectly clear so i turned my filter on when i came home from school the water was super cloudy again. So i turned it off. What should i do because i need to get the filter running for the cycling process
Hi. Welcome to the site
Your filter is sending a current that's too strong into your small tank, and that's stirring up the sand....
Rocks placed directly under the flow of the filter should break up the flow enough to not stir the sand. Remember the rock goes under the sand not on top of it. You can't build on shifting sand. Push he sand out of the way, place your rocks and then push the sand back in place around it.
Use a piece of raw shrimp to kick start the cycle, not a live fish.