Cloudy water

squirrel

Has anyone ever used Phos-Zorb?? My water is cloudy and begining to get a green tint to it. I had to use tap water to top a few days ago and I think it has high phosphates. My lfs told me that this should help, but I wanted the boards opinion before I used it.
Thank You -- Brandi

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Brandi, I'm going to move your post over to the fish forum where you may get more help. This problem really isn't a fish disease.

squirrel

Well no one answered so I put it in my tank...I will post my reviews on it. Would still like the comments from anyone that has used it. Thank you!

the reef

Originally Posted by squirrel
Well no one answered so I put it in my tank...I will post my reviews on it. Would still like the comments from anyone that has used it. Thank you!
I would say yes run the phosphate reducer and for optimum results take out and clean the phosphate media every other day to wash out the phosphate and silicate that it will absorb I use phosgard and it works verry well if you notice that when your rinse the media the more darker it becomes the more absorbant it is
then when the media becomes a green or a brown color after rinsing it then it is used up and need to replace it

squirrel

Thanks alot Reef
It is doing a little better, I did about a 10 gal water change yesterday...and was planning another about Wed. does this sound like a good idea??