8 weeks
60 gal
coral banded shrip
yellow tang
clown
coral beauty
blennie
2 damsels
everybody happy and eating well but my water is cloudy. tank came with two eclipse bio wheels. I have an additional powerheads :help: :help:
any suggestions

talath

If that's all the filtration you've got, consider buying more. You'll want the biological filtration afforded by LR and LS too. The trouble is that you've already got fish in there. What are your nitrogen cycle levels? If you go with fish only with live rock (FOWLR), a nice powered canister filter can get the job done with the LR and LS.

johnp906

I have LR and LS. I'm concerned that the filtration bio system leaves somethin to be desired. I haen't had a saltwater tank for 30 years. back then it was very simple. However the water was clear. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. My 4 main tests are perfect. I just did a 20% water change. My fish are happy. Just this cloudy water. Makes me want to install a couple of cotton balls for filters.

talath

Give it a shot. My first aquarium I started over 10 years ago and installed a Magnum power filter. Activated carbon can go a long way to clearing up cloudy water.

mikeyjer

A protein skimmer is a MUST!!! It'll help to clear your water in no time. Running carbon helps too!!! Another thing is I feel you added too much too soon in 8 weeks period.... :happyfish