cloudy water

tsdid

Im not new to this hobby but its been a while since i set up a new tank. I have a 180 and due to the size I filled it with RO water and mixed the salt in the tank. I have two powerheads pointing at the bottom of the aquarium. Its been 4 days now and it is not clear yet. Also there seems to be debri in the tank not sure what that is. I cleaned the tank very well. I have seen the debri sometimes in my saltwater mixing garbage can. im assuming its some of the calcium etc. but its definitly from the salt. The salt brand it reef crystals. Is this normal, is it ok to put sand and rock in? I dont have any filtration running yet and im assuming that is the reason its not clearing up quicker. Any thoughts?

jackri

Pretty normal as everything is mixing. Keep the water moving and I would start to add filtration. Adding sand is going to make it cloudy all over again so now would probably be a good time. If you can add the floss type filter that will help remove anything that's not salt.
Sounds pretty normal but I would wait for the cloudiness to start to disappear before I added rock. That's my .02 on the situation anyways.

tsdid

Yeah i assumed that was the case, I've just never had to mix 180 gallons of salt. It seems to get clearer every day, I just need to get the sand it so I can start the circulation.