cloudy water

mcrabbit98

i am currently away from home and tank since 1/10. my sister (watching my 7 yr. old saltwater tank), had to replace airpump which broke after i left (of course) and knocked plug for external filter out of socket for 1 week! she noticed water getting cloudy with brown tint, called maintenance guy for my tank (which i usually take care of myself when there), who found external filter disconnected. he did an immediate waterchange and added some bio seeds and that was yesterday. sister went back last night and checked it, all was clear and my 6 yr. old dogface puffer was no longer gasping and looked comfortable. today she checked tank and it was cloudy with white tint. my question is what damage was probably done during this week that detritus was building in tank, and is biological filter population reduced? its a 45 gal. with crushed coral undergravel filter with powerhead of course, and fluval 404 external filter. i DID HAVE 5 small damsels, 2 skunk clowns and very large dogface puffer, and one sweetlips. i NOW HAVE 1 damsel, my puffer and sweetlips (other six died during airpump incident). murphy's law.
i don't know what she'll do for her next act, but is there any light you can shed on the white cloudiness?
oh, and the kicker is, when i spoke to maintenance guy he said BOTH powerhead and external filter were not plugged in,SHE said only one was out, and she said HE said only one was out to her, SO, i'm floundering for an answer long distance as to what may be the actual problem NOW after this damage was done, help?

mcrabbit98

Originally posted by mcrabbit98:
i am currently away from home and tank since 1/10. my sister (watching my 7 yr. old saltwater tank), had to replace airpump which broke after i left (of course) and knocked plug for external filter out of socket for 1 week! she noticed water getting cloudy with brown tint, called maintenance guy for my tank (which i usually take care of myself when there), who found external filter disconnected. he did an immediate waterchange and added some bio seeds and that was yesterday. sister went back last night and checked it, all was clear and my 6 yr. old dogface puffer was no longer gasping and looked comfortable. today she checked tank and it was cloudy with white tint. my question is what damage was probably done during this week that detritus was building in tank, and is biological filter population reduced? its a 45 gal. with crushed coral undergravel filter with powerhead of course, and fluval 404 external filter. i DID HAVE 5 small damsels, 2 skunk clowns and very large dogface puffer, and one sweetlips. i NOW HAVE 1 damsel, my puffer and sweetlips (other six died during airpump incident). murphy's law.
i don't know what she'll do for her next act, but is there any light you can shed on the white cloudiness?
oh, and the kicker is, when i spoke to maintenance guy he said BOTH powerhead and external filter were not plugged in,SHE said only one was out, and she said HE said only one was out to her, SO, i'm floundering for an answer long distance as to what may be the actual problem NOW after this damage was done, help?

etpuffer

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????