Cloudy

rapt0r32

Right now I am not very happy... This morning I added salt to my tank... It was nice and clear ( for the most part) Now I come home from softball practice and I cant see a damn thing... What is going on? I just took about 25 lbs of rock out of my 55 to help try to get the filtration going///... I dont understand why it would be clody all of a sudden when it sat 2 days with just fresh water in it. Any suggestions.. I know someone is going to say a water change... But nothing has changed ith the tank??? Could it just be the salt not all the way settled? Right now my Sal is 1.026

jasons

ya say you added some live rock and acouple of days later your water turned cloudy you could very likely be experienceing a alge blossom

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Put the Live Rock back in the other tank and let this tank [a new setup, right] settle with the salt. Salt takes time to dissolve. Is the the tank well aerated? Circulation good? If so, just be patient.

wow....I did I do something wrong? I mixed my salt as I was adding water? dissolved it as I was adding water.salinity was fine when I had i finished.......are u not suppose to do it that way? :rolleyes:

rapt0r32

Beth,
Yes the set-up is new... I just added salt this morning. I was running just FW so I could double check my sump and connections to make sure it isnt leaking. I will remove the rocks and let it sit and see how it goes. I just dont ever remmeber it ever getting this cloudy...
Thanks everyone
Rapt0r

rapt0r32

Well by morning it looked alittle better and as the day went on and I got madder and madder I decided to do alittle tank cleaning. And when I started cleaning the glass I noticed that I have "white dust" all over everything. So back to draining I go and scrubbing everything down again... Grrrrrrrrrrr Thank god I still have one tank up and with life......

ruaround

White dust on you LR? There is no need to "scrub"!!! Just use your power heads to "blow" the dust and sand off of the LR.

karvis

if it is green it is algae, if it is white, mine took 3 days of everything on max for it to become clear.

kris

Water should only be mixed in the tank if there are No inhabitants. You however have ls and that counts so definately start premixing and then adding to tank.
Good Luck