Clown Compatibility

timo

Where SWF.com states that their juvinile Gold Stripe Maroon Clownfish Should be kept only one per tank, Would this apply to keeping it with other types of clowns, such as two false percs in a 30g?
Thanks, Tim

pmauro

Maroons are probably the most aggressive if not one of the most aggressive clowns dont mix them unless you like disaster. the only way you may get more than one is a mated pair and that is not guarenteeded. I had a mated pair of percs and after 3 month the female took out the male and fed him to the crabs.:(

timo

I thought that Maroons were aggressive, just got the inkling to ask. Sure are beautiful fish. One LFS usually has one in stock. Guess I won't be getting one of them :( as I plan to go for as peaceful of a tank as I can!:p

I

ivanfj

IMO, I think two false percs could get along okay in a 30, but sometimes you never know. I used to have a true perc chasing the tomato all around and tomato clowns I heard they are almost the most territorical clowns out there but he got chased and now I took that true perc away and my tomato rules the tank.

imo

Can anyone tell me if a orange false perc would get along with a true BLACK perc. As I understand it, the black may be a little more aggressive. I would like to put them in together. I have a 55 gal tank.

I

ivanfj

I would have to say it's more like a 50/50 chance.
You never know. Is it worth the gamble??? I personally would try to put them in a 55 as long as you have enough hiding place I think.