Clown Experts Needed

rickt4du

OK! I am going to set up my new 90gal after Thanksgiving. Combining the 38gal reef and the 10gal minireef into the new tank. I've got all bases covered except one. I have a Tomoto clown in the 38 and a Percula in the 10. Can these two fish coexist in the new tank? Currently the Tomato clown has taken up residence in my bubble coral, and never strays far from it. What do ya'll think? Thanks for the advice.

mal

I would think a 90 would be plenty of room for both to coexist, especially because they are both introduced as new residents there will be no territory being invaded. You may want to look into getting another host for the perc so they won't fight over the bubble. I have never had a different species combination of clowns myself, but I know of a few people who have and were sucessful with it. Let us know how it goes when they move in.

twoods71

I had a tomato and a perc and a sebae all together in a 29. They got along fine at first but as the tomato out grow the others he became much too aggresive.
I now have 2 percs and the sebae in a 55 and they are all happy together.
My guess is if the perc stays away from the tomatos home they should be fine in a 90.