clown fish hosting frog spawn

Everyone tells me that if my clown fish does not host a frog spawn I could just put a picture of a clown hosting a frog spawn, does this really work?

coraljunky

Originally Posted by cleanrshrmpfan
Everyone tells me that if my clown fish does not host a frog spawn I could just put a picture of a clown hosting a frog spawn, does this really work?
A clown will host, but will eventually kill it.

al mc

Mine did kill a 'hammer' while hosting it. They rub thru the flesh of the coral so hard that they can litterally kill it. Obviously, this does not happen every time, but it can happen and it is difficult to persuade the clowns to host something else.

pallan

Originally Posted by Al Mc
Mine did kill a 'hammer' while hosting it. They rub thru the flesh of the coral so hard that they can litterally kill it. Obviously, this does not happen every time, but it can happen and it is difficult to persuade the clowns to host something else.
REally never thought
Thanks. dont know that i will change right now as all going well. but at least know i know what to look for and problems i may expect

al mc

Yep...Now they host a large colt coral and both fish and coral seem to have reached a 'truce'

michaeltx

clowns can even kill anemones while they are hosting it really depends on the size of the corals and the size of the clowns and the species of clowns some of them are more aggresive in their hosting behavior.
Mike

bigleman

Originally Posted by cleanrshrmpfan
I dont know if it would kill the frog spawn or not, but a friend of mine did the same thing to get his clown to host.
Just make sure you put the picture facing TOWARDS the tank.
Not sure how well it would work if you can see it too...

My clowns host my hammer, frogspawn and a couple other corals in there. Basically they will host anything that is soft and mooshy
I had no Idea they could kill it

Originally Posted by schmidthouse
My clowns host my hammer, frogspawn and a couple other corals in there. Basically they will host anything that is soft and mooshy
I had no Idea they could kill it

So if I had more than one coral, it would just move from one to the other when it felt like it?