Clown goby question

ahmoser

Will 1 be ok with my 6 line wrasse? The 6 line is good with my clowns and bicolor blenny, and has not caused any problems! Thanks!

dogstar

I would say it will be OK, most fish leave those little guys alone...its beleived that they have a toxic slimecoat and the other fish know this...

alohami

I had a clown goby and a six line together with no problems. However, the clown goby was in there first and my particular six line would not allow another fish to be added after him (chased several clowns to death).
So, I'm not sure if he didn't bother the goby because he was there first, or if he wouldn't have bothered him anyway. Either way they got along.
HTH

dogstar

Originally Posted by deadmanschest
do you think a clown goby could go in a tank with a valentini puffer?
IDK....but this is what Bob Fenner says about them on his web site....
'' Due to their noxious body slime no other fish bothers them, ''

stanlalee

Originally Posted by Dogstar
IDK....but this is what Bob Fenner says about them on his web site....
'' Due to their noxious body slime no other fish bothers them, ''
thats what said by Bob Fenner, Advanced Aquarist ect but I believe that to be complete nonsense (hell I know it is from personal experience). I've had clown gobies chased by more than one fish (one a LMB that also had a small false perc, docile royal gramma and yellow clown goby in the tank and went out its way to harrass a green clown goby I had frequently and nothing else. the blenny was there before all of them). I think more accurately "due to their noxious body slime most other fish wont EAT them". I would not put one in after a sixline has established itself but its hard to say because six lines temperaments are somewhat unpredictable. Yellows are the smallest but they seem to be the boldest when it comes to other fish trying to intimidate them.