Clown lost a few scales to my clam.

reef diver

My clam a few days a go was knocked down during a re-aquascaping porcess, it fell again a few minutes ago, and my clown hates me, so the clown tried to ram my hand, it missed, got its head stuck in the clam. It pulled out, but it looks like it is slightly injured on the gill covering. She is breathing rather hard, but otherwise is eating and acting normal. Should I add some stress zyme in?, or anything else

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Reef Diver
My clam a few days a go was knocked down during a re-aquascaping porcess, it fell again a few minutes ago, and my clown hates me, so the clown tried to ram my hand, it missed, got its head stuck in the clam. It pulled out, but it looks like it is slightly injured on the gill covering. She is breathing rather hard, but otherwise is eating and acting normal. Should I add some stress zyme in?, or anything else
Stress zyme? That is for cycling tanks. Do you mean stress coat? How is your water quality, what are your readings? Most fish who live in a healthy environment and are fed properly are able to heal themselves just fine. Keep an eye on him.

reef diver

parameters are for the nitrogen based 0, 0, 0, ph is 8.4, alk is a bit low, around 7i meant coat srry. I can approximate this to an idiot, getting his head stuck in a fence, and coming out with a few cuts. Lol she hates me. Im still a bit worried

sepulatian

parameters are for the nitrogen based 0, 0, 0, ph is 8.4, alk is a bit low, around 7i meant coat srry. I can approximate this to an idiot, getting his head stuck in a fence, and coming out with a few cuts. Lol she hates me. Im still a bit worried
I understand that you are worried, just keep her as stress free as possible. If you think another fish might pick, then move her to the qt. You know your fish better than anyone, where would she be most comfortable? Stress coat is suposed to sooth the mucas layer, but can clog the gills if used in excess. Being the problem here is the gill covering stress coat would not be of much assistance.

reef diver

OK, she is definetly better in the display, she has her anemone, and would go on a rampage without it. Thanks for the tips.

sepulatian

OK, she is definetly better in the display, she has her anemone, and would go on a rampage without it. Thanks for the tips.
Anytime, thats what I am here for. Any more questions, don't hesitate to ask

sepulatian

Its fine now, but as you say, my new clown is not
Did I miss something? You got a new clown? Whats going on?