Clown+other Fish

swimrnum1

Would it matter if i kept an anemone with other fish besides clownfish?
I would imagine that i could keep two different species of clownfish. am i right?

viper_930

Depends what kind of other fish, some may try to eat it.
It isn't a good idea to really mix different clown species, especially with the more aggressive species like maroons. You can try a percula and ocellaris though, because they aren't very aggressive.

swimrnum1

Would it matter if i kept an anemone with other fish besides clownfish?
I would imagine that i could keep two different species of clownfish. am i right?
i was thinking maybe one black percula and maybe 1 or 2 orange percula. I also would like to get a royal gramma and either some kind of tang, angelfish, or butterfly.
Im not going to go totally reef though just a couple of live rock and coral

viper_930

You can get those clowns, but be aware that if you get 3 clowns, two may pair up and attack the third.
How big is your tank?

swimrnum1

would it be better to get an even number of each my tank is about 35 gallons give ir take a few gallons

viper_930

An even number higher than two won't help at all, two will still pair off and may kill the rest anyways. You can get 2 clownfish (the black ocellaris you mentioned and a percula would work out I think), a royal gramma, and a pygmy angelfish. That will be it for a tank that size. And you need to spread out the time between adding fish, give about 3-4 weeks in between.
BTW, don't start new threads about basically the same topic, just reply to your first topic if you have a relevant question.

swimrnum1

I read on this website somewhere that clownfish would be happier in groups? so what would you recommend ? i was kind of confused by that

viper_930

I'd recommend a pair of same-species clowns. But if you want to mix a true perc and a black ocellaris you can try it out. Those species aren't very aggressive.

swimrnum1

based on response from other threads im probably gonna get:
blck percula
true orange percula
royal gramma
pygmy angel or bangai cardinal fish
someone also recommended a chocolate chip star

swimrnum1

do you have an opinion on either the bangai cardinal fish or the pygmy angel ( i would probably get the yellow pygmy angel)
what should i clean out my old fw tank w/