clown pairing ?

i have a true percula for about two weeks now.. in another week i plan to get another one. my question is did i mess up by not getting them together..and if i did if i get a bigger one will the old one not be aggressive toward it? i want 2 clowns so i need help

reefmate75

perculas are fairly easy to pair and are some of the nicest clowns you will ever see, but i still have to recommend getting a smaller then the one you currently have, not a larger one becuase the one you have is still teritorial and the new comer will want dominace sence its larger and stronger then your old one, but yours would rather die then give up its territory
makeing any sence here or am i talking in my own little world?

mr.clownfish

Originally Posted by reefmate75
http:///forum/post/2604049
perculas are fairly easy to pair and are some of the nicest clowns you will ever see, but i still have to recommend getting a smaller then the one you currently have, not a larger one becuase the one you have is still teritorial and the new comer will want dominace sence its larger and stronger then your old one, but yours would rather die then give up its territory
makeing any sence here or am i talking in my own little world?
this is true, but not all the time! i had a tiny male in my 12gal a month later i got one double the size! they mated up and now they love each other. if u are positive that the one u have now is a male then go and buy a female. the male will fall in love with the female, because he hasent seen another clown in a while so he WILL love her.
if u are wondering how to tell if a clown is male and female... u cant. lol
the only way to tell is finding a fish store with a lot of clown fish in a small tank. out of all of those clowns there will be one very aggressive one, this will be the ONLY female.
but remember there will be a small chance they will not like each other. if they start fighting give it a couple of days. if it continues take her back.

i hope this helps.