pH 8.2
temp 80
Amm 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 10 (due for a change tonight)
Cal 400
Alk 9.6 dKH
Phos .1
Noticed today after feeding that it looks like the white stripe behind my clowns eye is peeling. I searched through here for pictures of Brooklynella and am not convinced that that is it. Fins are fine, and the only affected area seems to be the front white stripe, no white "slime". He ate fine, but i am concerned. Other clown is fine. Tank mates include, 2 Cleaner Shrimp, serpent star, nass snails, turbos, 2 emerald crabs, various red and blue leg hermits. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sepulatian

How long have you had the clown? Pick up some formalin just in case this is brooklynella. Can you post a picture of his stripe? Is he acting and eating normal?

i have had him almost a month now...he ate like a pig as usual today and is swimming around like normal. It is almost impossible to get a picture of him, but i will try.

Ok, so on inspection this morning, both spots are back to being solid white. There appears that nothing was ever there. Is it possible he was stressed about something, or is there another underlying cause?