Clown Problem

boozzbro

part of my clownfish's body seems to have collapsed. I noticed it the other day when feeding the tank. its on the clown's left side. the tank mates are a royal gramma, sailfin tang, blue hippo tang, 2 diamond gobies, 4 green chromis, purple firefish, green mandarin goby, and an other gold stripe maroon. The clown is about 8 months old and has been eating fine. the tank is a 125 gallon
pH ~ 8
sg 1.28
ammmonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate ~10 to 15
phosphate 0.5
anyone know what this is? none of my other fish seem to have a problem. he doesnt seem to be having any other problems he eats fine and is breathing pretty normal

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure I see anything. Can you describe it? Also, aside from this, how is the fish doing?

boozzbro

the best shot i can get of it is that 2nd one. the fish doesnt seem to be all that bothered by it. it just looks kind of weird seemd like that where the rib cage would be disappeared. the only abnormal behavior i noticed is that it seems to keep its mouth open more than usual but its gills arent moving any more or less than usual.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I kinda see the concaved area on the 2nd pic. Very strange. Can't say I have seen anything like that before. Is he eating?

boozzbro

yea its eating fine. i just fed the tank a couple of hours ago and it was eating plenty. it ate some spiraluna enriched brine shrimp and formula 1 pellets

boozzbro

ill try and get some clearer pictures after i get home from work/ the gym tonight.
Ive searched the internet and the closet thing ive found was someone had a hole develop in the side of their fish. The response to them was that is appeared to be a bacterial infection and to treat the tank with erythromicin (sp?).
My only issue with that is the skin hasnt broken here. All his scales and skin are intact. Everythign that caved in is inside. Otherwise i would try and treat with that erythromicin stuff.